After I got my
feedback from my teachers and other students I started to change up my front
cover.
As for the masthead I moved it and actually changed the name
of the name of the magazine as the old name wasn't quite working because of the
extra "S". The font was changed as well as a lot of the feedback said
that the font wasn't matching my genre. The new font fits the genre Rnb and
Soul much more.
For the main image, there wasn't anything wrong with it in
particular, but the face of the model was a bit blurry so that was the reason
for the change of the image. Overall, I felt that the image on the left was
much stronger, and the costume and body language fit the genre more than the
other image.
I also changed some of the cover lines and underlined them to make them look more professional and to give the readers a better overview. The main cover line of my final front cover stands out much more, than the other one and the positioning of the cover lines are much more sophisticated. The house style is consistent throughout my other pages; therefore I felt the importance of portraying this on the front cover as well.
As for the barcode I simply moved it in a bit so that it
wouldn't look that squashed. In my feedback it was also suggested that I should
move the price and the website around, so I decided to move it closer to the
masthead, as it gave it a decorative edge.
The two pages on the top were my first contents pages and
the one on the bottom is my final one.
As for the image on
the left the text wasn't that visible as the light on her leg was quite bright
and for the image in general it looked stretch and her upper body looked
squashed. Also I felt that the image was
quite provocative and therefore would only or more reach out to a particular
audience
The pictures on the right side were stretched as well and
were suffering of poor lighting.
The new and improved contents page that I created after my
feedback is a whole new contents page actually; I changed everything except the
actual text. I made sure that all the pictures on the right are now in proportion
and are relevant to the magazine and as for the image on the left it is now
more direct and sends out a more powerful message which the artist is representing
in her interview as well.
I also added the magazines name and page numbers onto the
contents page as the first one didn't have that.
As for my DPS I completely changed it. I started off by
removing all the images on the top, as they looked overcrowded and took the
main focus away from the actual artist. I replaced these multiple pictures by
just one main image of the artist; this is a close up, because I wanted to
capture the passion in her eyes for her changes. On the old DPS there wasn't a
masthead, so I included it in the new DPS, for the readers to know who the
article is about, but also to give the artist the recognition that she
deserves. I totally changed the layout of the page, by challenging the
conventions of the magazines in my case studies, I felt that this worked better
and looked more professional for my magazine. I kept the same pull quote,
however I might a slight change to the size and repositioned it. I also made
the same changes to the introduction. In terms of maintaining my house style, I
added page numbers and a logo, which abides by my colour scheme.








No comments:
Post a Comment